H-4 Visa and Status Validity

My husband has changed his job and his H1-B is being transferred. I am on H4 visa with valid stamp till 04/30/2012 My questions : 1. Do I have to also apply with him for H4 transfer ? Or should I be able to contd on valid status as my current H4 visa is valid ? 2. If I have to travel out of the country , can I travel with my current H4 visa stamp ? or should I have to re-stamp it with my husband's new I-797 for new company ?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Your current H-4 status and visa remains valid and can be used for travel. Each time, your husband changes jobs, you do not have to apply for H-4 until the time the H-4 is about to expire.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment