H-1 Quota - what is acceptable evidence for degree

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

When filing for H-1, it often becomes an issue as to what is acceptable evidence that a foreign employee has completed their degree requirements.

USCIS has stated:

Quote: We will accept the following so long as the degree requirements were completed prior to filing:

A final transcript; OR

A letter from the Registrar; OR

A letter executed by the person in charge of the records of the educational
institution where the degree was awarded.

If the third option is utilized, then that person must show that they are authorized to issue such letters.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment