Does H-4 Require a Prior USCIS Approval for Visa Stamping?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Watch Video on this FAQ: Does H-4 require a prior USCIS approval for visa stamping?

Video Transcription

You do not need to get an H-4 extension from USCIS when you have certain derivative visas like H-4 or L-2. Those visas are given based upon the approval of the H-1 holder and the L-1 holder. For the dropbox facility, you have to look at the local rules. More...


Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment