Frequently Asked Questions - Forms

USCIS Immigrant Fee
How Do I Pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee?

The USCIS Immigrant Fee of $165 recovers USCIS costs related to immigrant visas granted by the U.S. Department of State at U.S. Embassies and Consulates.The fee covers the cost of USCIS processing, filing and maintaining immigrant visa packets, plus the cost of producing Permanent Resident Cards.

Foreign nationals who seek permanent residence in the United States and receive an immigrant visa from the Department of State need to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee online before departing for the United States.

FAQs on I-864 Affidavit of Support
1. When is the I-864 processing fee paid? 2. When does the NVC send instructions about the I-864, I-864W, I-864EZ and I-864A? 3. Is there a fee I will need to pay for the Affidavit of Support forms? 4. Is there a fee to review the Affidavit of Support at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad?

1. When your immigrant visa case is ready to begin processing at the NVC, the NVC will send an Affidavit of Support processing fee invoice and payment instructions to your petitioner.

Signature on Forms
Can I send a scan of the forms? Can I use an electronic signature?

Forms need to be signed by hand in ink, and the original signed documents submitted to USCIS by mail or courier.

Filling out a DS 160 Non-immigrant visa Form by mistake ...
My wife needs to transit through a US airport for not more than 5 hours in February 2010 in order to go back to her birth country. However, she filled out by mistake a DS-160 Non-immigrant visa to submit to the US consulate in Vancouver (Canada) because at the US consulate in Vancouver they require DS-160 Forms to be submitted to them. However, she decided to fill out a second form called DS-156 in order to apply to another US consulate in Canada (in Calgary) for the same US transit visa to get an earlier appointment there. What does she has to do now to correct this situation ?

Contact the consulate. If they have not already done so, they will correct the situation upon request.

How to get a copy of I-140 approval
My I-140 was currently approved but the company is keeping the Original copy of I-140 approval with them, also they are not giving me the copy of original. The GC is filed in EB-3 and I have US masters degree and technically qualify for EB-2 category. I was waiting to get my I-140 approved and H-1 filed so I can start looking for change of job who can file in EB-2 with same PD. How important it will be for me to have the original copy of I-140 or how are the other ways which I can obtain this from the USCIS directly?

See clip from Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna's conference call video that addresses this question. 

FAQ Transcript