Frequently Asked Questions - Form I-130

Filing Change of Address
I-130 Application For Mother and Father

Your parents must not have a preconceived intention to file for a green card. I have covered this issue in a bunch of our frequently asked questions. Please take a look. In the USA, ex post facto laws are considered to be unconstitutional.

J-1 Physician applying for following to join after waiver
Applying for green card while visiting the USA
I-130 Petition

Hi Loay. Times are highly variable from a few weeks to a few months. Expedites are only granted for showing of some sort of urgent humanitarian situation in cases like yours. We would like to help, but I am not sure we can add much value at this stage. Contact us if there are any issues (other than timing). 

Withdrawal of Application for Admission at the Airport Under INA 212(a) (7)(A) (i)(I) & 235(b)(1)
Reopening a K or I-130 Designated for Revocation by USCIS

The State Department says that the Consulate will review additional documentation until the case has been physically transferred to USCIS.

Direct Consular Filing of I-130's

The State Department says that consulates will accept I-30 direct filing requests for immediate family members (spouse, child, or parent of a U.S. citizen) in rare circumstances.  For example, where the U.S.

I-130 petition and removal proceedings

Typically there is an interview. Times are widely different depending upon security clearance, etc. The interview involves investigation of a "real," not sham marriage.

Father filing an I-130

Your father does not have to file a separate application for your husband. In the various papers you get from the consulate and the National Visa Center, you can indicate that he is getting his green card with you.

I-130 for husband approved - what next?

It should take a few more months. You should be getting some correspondence from NVC in New Hampshire. After you complete their requirements, the file will be forwarded to US Consulate in India for further processing. They will contact your husband.

My mom's green card interview

If USCIS so wishes, they can certainly make an issue of it. But they tend to be much more tolerant of cases of immediate family like parents and spouse.

I-130 & I-485

No. You should be able to use the same I-485.

Petition for brother

Over ten years. Check out the Visa Bulletin .

I-130 petition

As far as I know, there is no way out of this except a new filing.

B visa while GC pending

The law is uncertain. This type of entry will be left at the discretion of CBP. I have a blog entry on this subject. Please review it:

Legality of I-485/I-130 filing

This is a touchy topic. As long as you revealed to the Post during your last entry that you were married, I see no problem with the 130/485 combo.

J1 overstayed by years, married to a greencard holder

Unless your spouse becomes a US citizen, nothing can be done as far as I can see. If you had a 2 years HRR, you have bigger problems.

I130 and application for adjustment

No one can file for adjustment unless their priority date is current. You should be able to upgrade the earlier filed I-130 to reflect your current citizenship. That way, he keeps his priority date. Contact USCIS customer service.

I-130 for parents and sisters

As far as I know, it will have to be a separate petition.

TN Holder laid off

Do not be alarmed. If you are a US citizen, there should be no issues.

I-130 has 3 years not yet approved

This is not normal. Contact USCIS customer service. If that does not work, contact your congressman. See this page: