Frequently Asked Questions - Supplement J

<div id="ui-accordion-pagebody_accordion-panel-0" class="ui-accordion-content ui-helper-reset ui-widget-content ui-corner-bottom ui-accordion-content-active" style="display: block;"><p>Use Supplement J to:</p><ul><li>Confirm that the job offered to you in Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker, remains a bona fide job offer that you intend to accept once your Form I 485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is approved. Beginning Jan. 17, 2017, if you are filing or have previously filed Form I-485 based on being the principal beneficiary of a valid Form I-140 in an employment-based immigrant visa category that requires a job offer, you will need to file Supplement J instead of submitting a job offer letter;</li></ul><p>OR</p><ul><li>Request job portability under INA section 204(j) to a new, full-time, permanent job offer that you intend to accept once your Form I-485 is approved.&nbsp; This new job offer must be in the same or a similar occupational classification as the job offered to you in the Form I-140 that is the basis of your Form I-485. (For more information about how USCIS determines which jobs are same or similar please <a type="application/pdf;length=209891" href=" PM-602-0122 (PDF, 205 KB)</a>: Determining Whether a New Job is in “the Same or a Similar Occupational Classification” for Purposes of Section 204(j) Job Portability (March 18, 2016 ))</li></ul></div>

Covid Coronavirus loss of job while in AOS I-485 period
Pros and Cons of Adjustment of Status and Consular Processing for Green Card
Changing Jobs and Supplement J

Watch the Video on this FAQ: Changing jobs and Supplement J

Video Transcript

Supplement J is essentially a replacement for employment letters. See my blog for the rules.